This Juanita Dr NE Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Improvements project is one of several included in the City of Kenmore's Walkways and Waterways program, an improvement bond measure that was approved by Kenmore voters in 2016.
This project will include:
- 1.5 miles of new sidewalk and landscaping on the east side of Juanita Dr from 143rd St to NE 170th St
- Buffered bicycle lanes in each direction
- Bus stop improvements
- Improved street lighting
- A new storm drainage system
- Minor traffic signal modifications
The Juanita Dr NE Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Improvements project is expected to start in spring 2020 and finish at the end of 2021.
- The Juanita Dr NE Pedestrian and Bicycle Improvements project is expected to start in spring 2020 and finish at the end of 2021.
- Bus stop locations will be moved to avoid conflicts with construction. Temporary stops will be located relatively close to their existing locations. After construction, permanent bus stop locations will be changing. Please contact the project to learn more about these future locations.
- Periodic lane closures throughout the project limits will impact traffic. Lane closures will be limited to weekdays, 9 am to 3 pm.
- Mailbox locations may be temporarily relocated during construction. Advance notice of temporary locations and duration will be provided.